Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chobani Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins

Just for Rebecca...

When I first posted my recipe for Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies, Rebecca had commented on the post asking how much was in a can of applesauce.  I didn't give the ounces of the can that I had used.  And since Rebecca had only a large jar of applesauce, she had decided to substitute pumpkin instead.  I had also been thinking about making the recipe with pumpkin.  Great minds think alike you know.  

By the time I had gathered all the ingredients and started to work out a formula for the pumpkin recipe.  I realized that I didn't have any milk and only a 1/4 cup of brown sugar.  Hmmmm...  I didn't want to run to the store, so the brainstorming began.  It was looking like a totally new creature.  This is what I came up with.  And if I may say so myself.... Yummy!    These are very moist I would suggest refrigeration.  This one is for you Rebecca! 



This recipe made 18 small to medium muffins.  They are packed full of protein.  A sure way to get your morning started.  Two of these is all that you will need with your morning coffee.  It will fill you up and keep you going.  I started with combining all of the wet ingredients. 

1 small can of pumpkin (15 oz.)
1 1/2 cups of plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
2 eggs
Then I added the sugar. 1/4 cup of each white and brown sugar. (I think next time I will use 1/2 honey instead)  Combine in a separate bowl all of the dry ingredients so that you can add them all at once.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/3 cups quick oats
1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt

The batter is quite moist.  Spray muffin tins with non-stick oil. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full.  Before baking, make a mixture of 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, sprinkle a little on the top of each muffin.  Bake until golden brown, about 22-25 minutes.  Immediately remove from pan.  Enjoy!



  

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, they were. I will definitely make them again. This recipe is a keeper!!

      Delete
  2. I'm back! I kept looking for comments on the other muffin post and finally started browsing! Boy am I glad I did :) So excited, going to try your exact recipe (with honey) now using mini muffin tins just right for small hands to grab and munch. Thank you for the dedicated post, and I enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini muffins are an excellent idea!
    Happy Baking!!

    ReplyDelete